View Single Post
Old 11-21-2012, 09:44 PM   #5
MrBob OP
Jambo!

Oddometer: 7,394
As I continue to gain elevation snow squalls come and go but the road remains snow and ice-free. Eventually, the squalls dissipate and the weather settles down to just being damn cold.
After considerable internal debate I bought a much warmer riding coat the day before I left on this trip. This decision proves to be so smart that it probably offsets about six of my last stupid decisions.

Cold or not, the mountains, even after six years living among them, continue to overwhelm me with their wild beauty.

I make it safely over the pass and begin the descent into Steamboat Springs. It's late in the day and I'm chilled and looking forward to food and shelter.
This view is so engrossing that I find a turnoff and stand there for a considerable amount of time taking it all it. The clouds shift and the light with them so rays of sunlight move across the landscape in random patterns. The surface of the water demonstrates the force of the wind out of the west, which was to be with me for the next few days.

MrBob screwed with this post 11-25-2012 at 08:44 PM
MrBob is offline   Reply With Quote