View Single Post
Old 11-22-2012, 06:53 AM   #95
ebrabaek
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,066
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeTheBeast View Post
This is the best piece of logic I've seen. It could potentially save $$$$. Thank you for stating the obvious.

I'm in talks with my dealer to trade my R12GSA & g450x for a new F8GS. I believe the F8 will be better suited for the riding I do most often and enjoy the most.

So, it's not completely clear to me...the forks in the 2013 model have changed? I have seen mention that they are now [better?] 43mm WP whereas before they were [crap] 45mm Marzocchi. Is that correct? If this is the case, I'm certainly going to buy the bike and ride it before replacing the suspension.
They are 2mm thinner..... I don't think they are better. I thought the stock 45 Z's were ok when I bought my bike back in 2009.....but that changed as the bike went off road. Unless the rider came from the 2012 8GS to the 2013 8GS, and compared, I wouldn't think they could make an accurate comparison. Unless you are rock hopping from the getgo..... you will find it adequate....... I personally don't like the stockers, but does not find it detrimental to the operation. I do plenty of rock hopping, you just gotta brush up on your riding skill, as you cant plow through things.... imho.

Erling
ebrabaek is offline   Reply With Quote