Thread: DR350 Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2012, 09:11 AM   #13656
Hotmamaandme
Wishing I was riding RTW

Oddometer: 2,613
Thanks Pablo and the others!

Sounds like for me at this point if it aint broke don't fix it. I did the cir clip and the clutch dos'nt drag and neutral is easy to find. I'm just going to go for it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo83 View Post
I know I'm a little late on this one, but I though I'd add my two cents anyway. There are two common issues that can cut a trip short on this bike:

First is the circlip issue that has already been discussed.

Second is the shift drum bolt.

I've owned two DRs and this bolt was so loose it was ready to pop out on both bikes. A friend of mine lost the bolt entirely and couldn't shift gears. Jesse prefers to remove the bolt and tap out the hole for a bigger one, but I've been able to secure it successfully with Locktite red.

The clutch drag issue can be very annoying , but it's not something that will end a trip. This issue is caused by wear on the clutch collar and washers. Your bike might have this kind of wear but not experience clutch drag because the clutch nut has never been re-torqued.

So here's the catch: in order to Locktite the shift drum bolt you have to remove the clutch which will then have to be re-torqued and may cause the clutch drag issue to start on your bike.

Jimmy Lewis quote: "Those KLRs are full of potential. Just takes a rider..."
Hotmamaandme is offline   Reply With Quote