View Single Post
Old 11-22-2012, 09:46 AM   #93
Bluebull2007
Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,930
Deadly,your selection makes a lot of sense, except for Despres. Either he will be out or 1st or 2nd. I also think he might be out. He has been flawless four years in a row - how much longer can he keep the rubber side down at those crazy speeds.

I think Coma is not as fast as he used to be either. Certainly they have the most pressure on them, more especially Cyril, being suspicious about the No 1 and all. Bet you Marc does not agree to swap numbers like they did this year, just to screw with him. Marc's problem is he is nursing an injury, but he should still come back strongly.

Dont forget all the fast young guys who are fighting for a top 10 now in competition with the old Boys:

Zanol
Pain
Sunderland
Przygonski
West (maybe not so young but oh, so fast)
Fishy
Botturi

The more experienced boys being

Gonclaves
Svitco
Faria
Pedrero
Casteau
Viladoms
Verhoefen
Fretigne
Ullevalsetter
Czachor

Thats 18 guys (I might be missing one or two) fighting for 4-10th place, and I think its going to be the really exciting part of the 2014 Dakar.

Then there is are these guys out of AUs and South Africa who arent exactly slow and have considerable experience in their own right.

Grabham
Strange
Curtis
Van Niekerk

Also guys like Pavey and Juan Carlos Salvatierra who seem to battle with mechanicals every year and otherwise could be in the top 20 easily enough. Its one helluva strong fild, the strongest by far in years and years. I think there is going to be a bit of a shake up shake up in the top ranks in 2013, with Cyril going out on a mechanical.

So here is my prediction list:

1) Coma
2) Rodriguez
3) Barreda
4) Viladoms
5) Zanol/Chaleco {I had to edit this, I forgot about Chaleco!}
6) Faria
7) Svitco
8) Sunderland
9) Przygonski
10) Gonclaves

11) Verhoefen