View Single Post
Old 11-22-2012, 01:56 PM   #487
Pete O Static
Adventure Seeker

Oddometer: 568
Hey Gene

Fellow BMW rider, ex Torontonian, we ride in similar circles, however have never met. I just returned from a 20K plus ride around the area you are currently travelling.

I woke up in my tent one night and it was frigging cold! Decided I needed to find another option to keep warm without breaking the bank. Here is an app you will find very useful if you and Neda get tired of the tent but don't want to hotel it.

http://m.iphoneappstorm.com/iphone-a...p?id=490668237

I used this on my ride and rented fully furnished cabins complete with wood stoves and chopped fire wood for as little as 20 bucks. To use the app, select "Cabins" in the filter. You will be amazed at what is available to you off the beaten path. Most are web reservable and they email you the combination to the front door lock within minutes of payment. Many also provide interesting rides just getting to them! Most are Forestry Ranger Cabins, Guard Stations and lookout towers.

I would stop at a McDonalds to have a cup of joe and use their wifi to book a cabin for the night. Makes a nice economical, luxurious break from the tent.

Great site you have. I stop by often to read and in fact, have done so for several years now.

Best of luck! If you find yourself in the Quebec Townships anytime, PM me. You and Neda are welcome here anytime.

Cheers

Paul