View Single Post
Old 11-22-2012, 02:16 PM   #49
WIBO OP
Will it buff out?

Oddometer: 3,594
Next day after breakfast we bail out of M'hamid due to sandstorm stuff still happening and head for fuel about 30kms north of M'hamid in Tagounite. Then we head off to Merzouga. You can see in the back ground that there's a heaviness in the sky as it were...this is sand whirling about in the air so no distant scenery pictures until we ride out of it fully.

I put in 6.72litres after 139kms at 84.00Dhms (12.50Dhms/litre)

Here we can see Noah proposing to Ken and offering him a bottle of water as a dowry.....

[IMG][/IMG]

We skirt around the town and pick up stone trails running through the palms. These soon open out onto the normal stone,shale and silt mix and speed can pick up. Again not much to see in the background due to the sand/wind.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

We travel,to where we are stopped by the army(i.e. one man)on a remote outpost not too far I suppose from the Algerian border. We queue and he notes some details and lets us on through....

[IMG][/IMG]

We ride on gaining altitude over slab rock,crumbling stones and hard pack.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG

You can see that the going is great...it's now normal stone lane type stuff so higher pressures are required to negate the chance of punctures......the XTZ takes it in it's stride and can pull along from low down all day....

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

.Christophe tilts his head and looks menacingly at the camera...some of the group witnessed this,started to cry and ran off to hide behind the nearest tree....we were only able to coax them out after 15mins with the promise of drinking chocolate before they went to bed that night......one of them said that Christophe's helmet reminded him of a big blue bottle fly that once landed on the back of his hand in 1973...

[IMG][/IMG]

Me: I don't give a fuck what you think.

WIBO screwed with this post 11-23-2012 at 12:37 AM
WIBO is offline   Reply With Quote