View Single Post
Old 11-22-2012, 04:14 PM   #8885
BMWLOU
Adventurer

Oddometer: 30
Thanksgiving

And a Happy Thanksgiving from the edge of the Yellowwood. Last night I picked up my new (to me) Suzuki DR650 at Thornton's over in Versailles and this morning and afternoon I cruised about 50 miles of gravel roads in eastern Monroe and western Brown Counties. The weather was perfect.

Tim aptly described the bike. First gear is indeed a little tall but the bike pulls very strong from the bottom and is pretty comfortable. Looking at it I figure it is just an overgrown XT225. AIr cooled and carbureted it is just a basic bike. But it seems perfect for running area backroads. I took it up to 80 on a stretch of 46 and it still had some room to go.

I had the shop put on a new set of Dunlop 606's before I picked it up and I was pleased with the way they performed on the road and hard pack gravel. If the weather holds this weekend I'll try to find something a little more challenging.

I keep seeing references to Moto Supreme. Where exactly is it? I know where Cafe 58 is. It sounds like it is somewhere close to that. Can anyone provide me a location and a description.

If anyone is riding around Monroe or Brown County this weekend I'd love to hear about it. I have no internet access at my place (I'm in town at the moment) but can get email on my iPhone. Drop me a line at bmwlou@aol.com if you are heading out this weekend.

In any case, I hope everyone gets in some miles this weekend.
BMWLOU is offline   Reply With Quote