Thread: Good Karma
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2012, 03:54 PM   #1
AZ TOM OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,440
Good Karma

Started off to do a loop, Prescott to Lake Pleasant ,Wikenberg, Big-E's secret trail back up the hill & home. Started off well.

Maggie Mine Rd a little more interesting than in the past.

Rockspring to top off & then hit the Gas Line Rd.

Well somewhere along this stretch I hit a rock that I thought must have bent the frame. A little farther down the trail I stoped & as the bike was leaning over I noticed something drippig out. Looked like gas & stoped when the bike was uprite. Went across & got on 74 to Lake Pleasant turn off & up onto Castle Hot Springs rd. Stopped to get a drink & saw leaking again. Felt it & oh no it's oil. Couldn't see where it was coming from. Turned around & took 74 to the 60 . Got off & lots of oil everywhere. Dropped the skid plate & I hear this bike pull up & this guy says do you need any help. A 78 year old guy named Tom on a restored 70 Beemer. We can't see where the leak is & he says I live just a mile back on Castle Hot Springs RD, the one on the west side & why don't I come to his place & we can take a look. I follow him over to his house, sorry not any pics. at this point. I had added a small flap to my skid plate for better protection & bolted it on the plate & when I hit the rock it flexed enough & the bolt poked a hole in my case He said he was a retired welder & if we could get it off he could weld it up,WOW! He had not run the welder in 9 years & could't get the gas flowing, so over to a friends house we went & Glen also had a welder that he had not used in 7 years, but it worked & Tom welded it up, we got it all back together & I was home just before 11:00 PM. Cold ride home BURRRR! Any way just another incredibly lucky moment in my charmed life. What goes around comes around but I always seem to have more come my way.

Tom's place & a really neat old Dodge truck he restored.

AZ TOM screwed with this post 11-22-2012 at 04:03 PM
AZ TOM is offline   Reply With Quote