View Single Post
Old 11-22-2012, 10:37 PM   #1
TxLoneRider OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 343
Over 13 hours, 500 miles, all for a bridge

NOTE: Looks like smugmug was not at fault, it was a FireFox cache problem. All is well!

So, about 4 or 5 weeks ago I saw a picture of a single lane, wood deck, suspension bridge in Texas. Who knew there was one those in the great state of Texas? I didn't.

So, looks like a destination for a ride

Since I like bridges, I hit maps.google.com and see what else I can find from here to there. And I found a few other cool bridges. So with the wife's blessing, a route in the GPS, off I head.

Started out far too early, in fact caught sun rise well into the ride.

Here is an abandoned bridge south west of Cleburne on County road 1175.

At the intersection of HWY 174 and FM 56 found some cool old signs

On the outskirts of Kopperl I found an interesting railway bridge. Went up a small access road and was lucky enough to catch a train go buy.

Next, went down an interesting road looking for a small dam. According to the GPS and the signs it was a county road, but, well, not exactly well maintained, but did find a cool cemetery.

There must have been a sign somewhere that said watch your step, the following picture does not do justice to the amount of cow pies on the road.

Well, onto scope out a possible location for a sunrise picture

TxLoneRider screwed with this post 11-24-2012 at 08:00 AM Reason: correction of note.
TxLoneRider is offline   Reply With Quote