View Single Post
Old 11-23-2012, 12:28 AM   #121
troy safari carpente
Team f5ool

Oddometer: 16,858
Quote:
Originally Posted by michalCCR View Post
With a bit of exaggeration Great Wall could be new Mitsubishi*
You could be right about the Technosport thing... I just recalled that the Chinese leased Terrano based vehicle from an established European NISSAN team... Dessoude/Technosport = same/same pretty much... the "Great Wall" was not of the Chinese engineers work in any case.

* Regards this... yes I agree, the chinese have proven they can copy anything... Reproducing the material is one thing... duplicating the expertise, management and running of the team is another. The "Mitsubishi" factory efforts (both Dakar and WRC) while very much authorized, funded and overseen by Japan HQ (much of the budget came from the marketing arm and outside sponsors via Japan)... the majority of the expertise, management, design/engineering and team personel/driver roster came out of Europe...

That "Great Wall" can do this soley from a Chinese based operation... I would be VERY surprised... if so it is another five years away at best... not 2014.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenjen
"It's like deja vu all over again."

Quote:
Originally posted by PBee
"...the Barstid never gives you anything for your Sig line, it's always too long........."
troy safari carpente is offline   Reply With Quote