View Single Post
Old 11-23-2012, 05:58 AM   #154
cls
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 983
Quote:
Originally Posted by cls View Post
If I want to accelerate hard, I take another bike. The V is enough to have fun on and it handles nicely. It thrives on practical, economical, versatile, fun. Low revs and light throttle equal almost 60 mpg. It's athletic feeling and offers a great view of the road and it's cheap enough that I'll take it and leave it anywhere w/o worrying about it. Kick it down a gravel/fire road and have a blast. Great public road bike. The fact that it bubbles up torque right off idle, yet still has enough oomph to have fun and feel practically strong in the mid-range, seals the deal. All while being comfortable, nimble, inexpensive, and economical. Great bike...as long as you take it for what it is.
And, no, you're not lugging it, as long as you're not putting much strain on it from the lowest revs (Hill climbs or crazy throttle openings when it's in mpg mode.). It's all very laid-back and efficient and it sounds really nice. I love riding the V like that. And opening it up and playing w/the handling. Very easy and fun.

cls screwed with this post 11-23-2012 at 02:18 PM
cls is offline   Reply With Quote