Thread: Drz400 Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2012, 07:17 AM   #17024
The Recycled Teenager
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 523
Quote:
Originally Posted by 955616846 View Post
My girl and I arrived back in Oz last week and home this week after our two month ride fly (PG/PPG) holiday in NZ. Straight and level is fine with me and I am happy to watch her mess around. For this trip we each dragged around three wings, a soaring harness, a power harness and a pile of other gear plus fuel on a third wheel.
Before Easter we were exploring the CSR, south west coast, Flinders Ranges, plus the central and western deserts. After the Finke races we were buzzing around in the middle of the Simpson... The bikes were a fair bit heavier riding in most of these areas and the fuel load alone would be enough to make most people's eyes water.

We don't get to do that with a DR-Z if we want to fly too...

At the moment I am being punished for spending so much time away. In a quieter moment I'll make a start on the couple of hundred rolls of film that have accumulated over the past year. I'll let the girl worry about the digital video footage... I'm too clumsy with it and already spend too many hours each day with my head bent out of shape inside databases (just trying to keep them straight) to want to spend more time at a computer.
Sensational stuff
Will you be posting pictures anyplace
Glad you still use film but I switched to digital years ago and have the best of both world now with an adapter so all my original film lens work in manual mode.

You other inmates use your DR's for getting a camera into normally inaccessible places ?
Or any other fun thing you can carry on the bike to enhance the trip, yes including SWSBO

2009 DRZ400S 2000 BMW 1150GS 1976 TY 175 2010 Beta EVO 250
KLR 650-sold
1977 BMW R100-sold
The Recycled Teenager is offline   Reply With Quote