View Single Post
Old 11-23-2012, 08:23 AM   #18326
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,109
WEll, it is nearing winter, so good KIllboy pictures are few and far between.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibafran View Post
And we could move on to 'bootlace' stories when we get bored silly enough to need to do that?
Back when I had my ZX-7R, while I did ride in Dainese leathers everywhere, I used my EMS uniform's black 'Hi-Tec' brand boots (with the leathers tucked in them, of course). One day, out somewhere on a two lane in the back rounds of PA, my left leg was knocked off and back so hard I swore I had hit a groundhog or something with it. I even looked backwards while still flying along, but didn't see anything.

Turns out my damned lace - that I normally double knotted and tucked in - got caught int he chain.

I'm going to agree with you; the stories as to what all happens fully explains why pants are better tucked into boots, and that the boots don't have laces (Gee, and that just happens to be the way motorcycle cops wear their uniforms).

I'd be willing to read even more of them. I liked reading the anecdotes you wrote, ibafran. But this seems worthy of its own thread, too - "Pants in/out of boots, Laces or no?"

Mambo Dave screwed with this post 11-23-2012 at 08:32 AM
Mambo Dave is offline   Reply With Quote