View Single Post
Old 11-23-2012, 07:37 AM   #5
Strog OP
Geek on two wheels

Oddometer: 391
Day 4: 350 miles

The wind was howling when I woke up. It was a strong cold wind blowing from the north. Good thing it's a short day because I'm going to get blown around a lot today.

I head into the Wichita Mountain Reserve. I thought it was 3 or 4 mountains but soon discovered it's much larger. There's signs warning you to steer clear of the free range Longhorns and Bisons. I wandered around some of the side roads. I came around the corner and saw 3 mature Bison galloping right beside me in the ditch. I just kept a steady throttle and went down the road. I turned around got my camera out and went back to get a picture but they wandered back into the trees.

I found a dozen bison a little way down the road but they were much farther away.

The Meers Burger is supposed to be the best burger in the region. I was definitely aiming to come through here during a mealtime.

If it was't the best burger I've had, it's definitely in the top 5. A great burger and worth a drive if you're anywhere near.

The trip from Meers to OKC was wandering 2 lane roads until I got on I44 into OKC. I went over and caught I35 and took it to Route 66. I stopped at Pops Restaurant to pick up some drinks to take home. They have over 600 different drinks from all over the world. I grabbed 4 random drinks and headed down Highway 66 to Tulsa.

Here's the drinks when I got home

I ended up riding right at 2000 miles from California to Broken Arrow, OK. The Wunderlich tall seat is very comfortable. I felt like I could have gone much farther on it when I went 700 miles.

Strog screwed with this post 11-23-2012 at 07:46 AM Reason: scale map
Strog is offline   Reply With Quote