View Single Post
Old 11-23-2012, 09:00 AM   #49258
ThumpnRed
Pig Wrangler

Oddometer: 2,076
Quote:
Originally Posted by award900 View Post
Be careful with how the throttle side wires exit the grip. I broke a wire last weekend. I had been using the heaters for a few weeks, and loving them. I read about zip tieing them to the grip, to protect the contacts, so I did it, and it broke three hours later. I think I had put too much of a bend at the soldered contacts, and broke one. Im thinking there might be enough room to slide the heater down the grip a bit so the wire exits the grip away from the contacts, then zip tie it. Just something to look out for. It sucks bringing the thin gloves, and the losing a heater.
I paid attention to that when I was installing them. I zip ties the wire to the grip as well as ran a couple of wraps of electrical tape around the area where it bends. I wanted to have the wires run straight off the heater pad, tape them to the throttle tube and then bend the wires, but dont have a long enough throttle tube to allow such a thing to happen. We shall see what happens. I'll take my usual heavy and thin gloves, just in case.
ThumpnRed is offline   Reply With Quote