View Single Post
Old 11-23-2012, 11:36 AM   #111
Jamie Z OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 7,692
After staying with Tony and Jennifer, I spent a couple days with my mom. Then I rode down to see my oldest sister and her family south of Minneapolis by an hour or so. They have a house in the country with lots of land and several buildings. It's a perfect place for their four kids to grow up.

The first day I was there, they were readying the backyard for the bonfire and outdoor party planned for tomorrow.

When they bought the house, it was small and run down and unsuitable for living. Today, after countless hours of remodeling and additions, it has got to be one of the neatest places and plenty of room. Four bathrooms, five bedrooms, a kitchen the size of a large living room.

And my brother-in-law likes his toys. His pole barn houses one of his prides and joy, a 1949 Cadillac, which believe it or not, is all original.

Yes that's the factory paint.

I told Bryan we had to take it out for a spin, so he backed it out of the garage and we rode with a few of the kids up to the store.

I waited for him to offer to let me drive, but I was stuck in the passenger seat.

They also have a cat house. Literally. My niece loves animals, most especially cats and horses, so her dad built an addition to the horse barn to house the cats and outfitted it with everything cats love.

Tonight was the opening ceremonies for the Olympics in London, so we watched while eating dinner.

Upstairs, they have a game room with an air hockey table, foosball, darts, and two game consoles.

I suck at foosball.

I stayed up late and tomorrow would be an early day.

Jamie

Budget Travel the Jamie Z Way
Jamie Z is offline   Reply With Quote