View Single Post
Old 11-23-2012, 11:15 AM   #62
COXR650L
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,363
[QUOTE=singletrackslayer;20103364]signed the petition, up to 16 now. WTF?[QUOTE]

I know...........There has probably been 1000 views on this thread already yet just a few signatures.

I cannot express the impact this would have on our ability to ride and the places open for riding. If this is put into place it will be the begining of the end. Motorcycle riding as we know it will change drastically and I fear it will lead to mass closures of public land, I think our future will look very much like Europe and the only places to ride will be mostly private.

Next they will go after the Swell (which they have tried already) and then it will spread into Colorado, New Mexico etc as Wilderness designations.

The best way I can see to stop this is banning together. Everyone, and that means EVERYONE, has to sign the letter that will be sent to President Obama asking to keep this area open. Sign here

The basis for any support this movement had was enlisting all the business sponsors. The sole reason they have any legitimacy is that they have 100 well known businesses saying they support this. If we take away the support from the businesses what weight does the proposal have???? NONE.

The best way I can see to do this is with the petition pledging to boycott all the business and explaining what a National Monument Proposal really means when it is sent to them.
I have set up a petition to do just that. Please sign it pledging to not support any businesses that are actively trying to take our lifestyle, and in some cases our livelihood, away. Sign here

So please place your name on the letter to President Obama here
and sign the petition pledging to boycott all the supporting businesses here

Westfest 2013
Canyonlands Adventure Ride

COXR650L screwed with this post 11-23-2012 at 11:25 AM
COXR650L is offline   Reply With Quote