View Single Post
Old 11-23-2012, 01:38 PM   #24650
xymotic
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,366
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryant View Post
So as a total NUBE to the dirt scene, I'm beyond impressed w/ the 610's capability.. took it on a pretty narrow single track trail recently (I was the only DS out there, everyone else had light dirt bikes) and was left w/ the impression that while the weight is a little high on the Husky, the only thing really holding me back was the retarded Indian riding the thing, not the arrow... very cool..

That said, I also had a little episode (popped the front tire - deep in the middle of the woods) where I came to the realization that having a good tool kit on board is a must. Hence this post...

So in addition to being a total NUBE in the dirt, I'm also somewhat of a novice when it comes to working on bikes... and while I know the OEM kit is mostly useless, I thought a thread to discuss what people are throwing in their 610 tool kit would be fun (as it's highly personal..)

So far I've heard everything from a packet of vasilene, ty wraps, a small can of WD40, 30' of small diameter rope, A GREAT MULTITOOL, headlamp, the right allen wrench, wrenches for key bolts, spare tube/tire iron/inflator.......

Thanks for your input, hopefully your suggestions won't be needed - but if they are know that I'll be thanking you from some remote trail w/ less than an hour of daylight many miles from the trailhead..

start here: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=156431

I used Larryboy's ride reports as the basis for my 610 tool kit. but I'm having trouble finding a link at the moment.
"Anyone who doesn't take truth seriously in small matters cannot be trusted in large ones either."
Albert Einstein

Baja trip to the tip
6:10 to Yuma
trials and tribulations in the Mojave
Baja Blitz Yard sale
View Current Location via Spot Tracker
xymotic is offline   Reply With Quote