Thread: SA Adv Riders
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2012, 07:27 PM   #8287
OzJuJu
Yamafan

Oddometer: 694
Quote:
Originally Posted by gonescratchin View Post
Here's where Craig (OzJuJu) came off(it's about 2.2km from the Blinman Rd Junction).......

Acording to my GPS the actual site is about 3k's north of this bend. I was doing 44k/h leading up to the bend and slowing down. The damage to me and the bike is ridiculus considering the relatively low speed, gentle corner and road conditions. I am putting it down to a few things I did wrong, 1. way to cautious with regard to keeping left on the crest, 2. Too relaxed and I should have been standing up ( I think I was acutally singing a Hunters and Collectors song just as I hit the crest), 3. Too much front brake once I realised I had know where to go I locked up and released, by that time it was waaay too late to try and turn the fully loaded bike. 4. I picked a beautiful line through the trees, but tunnel vision made me miss the bloody big rock half buried in the dirt. 5. The Touarance tyres are ok while you are travelling along a nice flat dirt track but don't try any emergency braking techniques 6. My inexperience, hell I have only be riding motorcycles for a year.