View Single Post
Old 11-23-2012, 09:10 PM   #84
DAKEZ
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 19,420
I know, I am fortunate and actually love my boss/owner. I have known him since the mid-80's Not only is he very passionate about all things motorcycle... He is a great guy and lives his life above reproach. At his big store there are 65 employees +/- ... He pays himself $1/year for that dealership. No Joke. ONE DOLLAR.

2010 was not a very good year and the store was in the Red. 2011 we turned it around and this year we are continuing that trend and doing well.

I overheard someone ask George if it were true what he pays himself for such a large store? He confirmed it. The person then asked him why he does it. (?) I will never forget his reply: "I employ 65 full time people WITH benefits and do so by providing our customers with the Joy and Passion that only Motorcycles can bring... How cool is that!"

Here, catch a little of what George Latus is about here in this video, He comes on at about 50 second mark.

I would rather be dead than take advantage of or steel from a man like that. I understand that not all stores are like this... That some stores, owners and people working in the industry have somehow lost the passion along the way. For Team Latus (and MANY other good stores) It is still all about the riding!
Not because it is our "job"... We do it because we WANT TO! And as George says: "How Cool is that!"

DAKEZ screwed with this post 11-23-2012 at 09:21 PM
DAKEZ is offline   Reply With Quote