View Single Post
Old 11-23-2012, 10:26 PM   #48
ER70S-2
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,926
Hiya Basketcase

After the Hindle wears its way thru the brake line clip, it starts working on the brake line itself. I read somewhere that they're working on a revision. So I never installed the Hindle I had bought and went with Kientec's 2-brothers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ER70S-2 View Post
Alison:
Thanks for stepping in.

The midpipe should fit any post '96 DR650, which muffler we stick on the end won't change the position of the midpipe. Heck, take the muffler off and ride; the Hindle midpipe will still hit the brake clip and brake line. I have a new Hindle on the bench; when I saw the damage done to it (pics posted here), I decided to use the Jesse midpipe. I initially bought the Hindle for two reasons: Two Brothers is known for LOUD exhaust, I didn't want to support that mindset with my money. The second: I like the way the Hindle tapers from the exhaust header to the muffler. Someone said earlier that there was close to 1/2" of 'ding' on the Hindle at the bend.

It all started here and ran for several days. A Hindle rep signed up, asked some questions and disappeared. It was later someone said they were working on redoing it.

http://advrider.com/forums/showpost....ostcount=55540

SUZUKI DR650SE INFORMATION INDEX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threewheelbonnie View Post
"BTW, I don't do style. It's a dirt bike, not some girlie dress-up thing." -
ER70S-2 is offline   Reply With Quote