View Single Post
Old 11-24-2012, 05:44 AM   #407
Kedgi OP
Banned

Oddometer: 1,388
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hevy Kevy View Post
I'm havin' a beer reading your report tonight and thinking what a treat it is to read the writing of someone with passion. You are absolutely rockin' it dude! Travelling changes you fundamentally. I've been addicted to adventure travelling by backpack for 35 years and your mention of a $8.00 beach hut sent me back to Thailand, mid eighties. My passion is China, I've been probably 15-16 times now, I buy stuff to sell, send it home and just get off the beaten track. Hence my Shanghai to Lhasa or bust motto. It's coming soon, but not on my DL1000. Speaking of bikes, I've gotta think a DL650 VStrom would be great, super value, super reliable.... but I've settled on a GS800 for my next bike. Guest room is always open to travellers, the Great Lakes region has awesome riding!

That's ccol man. I've always wanted to circumnavigate Lake Superior. That road from Thunder Bay down to Duluth looks awesome. I think bikes are a personal choice, there is no "right" answer. I like the BMW 800 but I like the new Yamaha Super Tenere too, I like trusty the KLR too. Never had a bike I rode so much. It's awesome

$8/night for this beach is unbelievable. There are no better bargains that I know of.

If you want to come down here Peurto Escondito airport is just north of here and Huatulco Airport is just south of here.

Come to the Salmastro and get a room from Andreas, tell him Dwight sent you! You might even see me here, I'm coming back.

Kedgi

Kedgi screwed with this post 11-24-2012 at 05:59 AM
Kedgi is offline   Reply With Quote