View Single Post
Old 11-24-2012, 06:21 AM   #59
WIBO OP
Will it buff out?

Oddometer: 3,647
So..we ride on on smooth going speckled with the odd small rocks and stone and the trail eventually joins the trail that you can take from Zagora to Merzouga. The trail joins where a long sand dune on your RHS,much like a wall,is, with a water tower that feeds an auberge. You can't see the auberge until you ride to the end of the 'wall'. Just close to where the trail joins Ken promptly bounces off his moto and twists his ankle. It's not possible for him to ride his moto any further. His ankle is strapped up and he's helped into the Land Rover.

I state I'll ride on to see if the second auberge has places for us. I recommend that we don't stay in the first as it's half finished and not really that good compared to the Marabout...and that it should only be an option if the Marabout is full up....It's here...

[IMG][/IMG]

I ride off with the ATwin and check if the Marabout has places available...in the meantime I ask all of the the others to bring the 990i to the stone drive entrance to the first auberge and to wait there....they can check to see if it's just as nice as I remember if they wish!!!

I arrive back with news that the Marabout is still there as is the town a couple of kms from it....complete with the same street lights and palm trees that were always there(I was informed earlier that neither existed as they weren't noted on any GPS...ho hum ) At this a couple of 4x4's and a CRF stop to see if all is OK.

I state that if you head to the first auberge on the stone drive and hang left,follow the sand dune line towards a triangular shaped mountain you'll see the Marabout....I say this because if you take the most direct route you'll have a long length of very deep soft sand to navigate which can catch you out..again the GPS says to go the sand route...anyone that wants to go that way then is most welcome,coming up to darkness...ho hum...After the sand you hang left and pick up the hard pack gravel.

Just at that the CRF whizzes by,I suspect,because he has an audience...I look over at Ricky,smile and stand and watch...he hits the deep fine sand and fish tails violently and backs right off without actually falling off.....he was probably following his GPS...

Ken is shoved into the LR.

[IMG][/IMG]

...Noah rides the 990i and we all arrive at the Marabout...and Noah gets a lift back to get his moto.

[IMG][/IMG]

Ken limps into his room to recuperate with a very sore ankle...so we take his picture and laugh some more at him.......after all he is now the reigning President of the EDC...d'oh!

[IMG][/IMG]

He even gets the trophy string and washer necklace....

[IMG][/IMG]

He takes a picture of a bat which is hanging from the ceiling and demands to change rooms as he's afraid of it drinking his blood during the night and he'll melt in the morning when sun beams touch his face.....or some one will come and kill him with a silver bullet.....or maybe that's werewolves or garlic bullets made from wood.......fired through a mirror....

[IMG][/IMG]

They crank up the heating to heat water for shower....

[IMG][/IMG]

We have a meal,which is always very good here...and then bed down in readiness to horse the 990 into the Land Rover in the morning.

The auberge closes up for the night..security is tight after all,there's one whole wooden post across the entrance....

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

The generator gets cranked up and basic lighting is provided....

[IMG][/IMG]
Me: I don't give a fuck what you think.

WIBO screwed with this post 11-27-2012 at 06:23 AM
WIBO is offline   Reply With Quote