View Single Post
Old 11-24-2012, 09:46 AM   #14
yellowbronco
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 209
I'm going to give yet another shout out for the Teraflex. I'm running one right now on my dirt wheels. I've found that they are much more predictable in the corners when riding agressively in the dirt when compared to the 908. I bought a pair of Teraflex tires in the 150/90 size a few years ago and am currently on the second one.

I also found that this tire is scary on the pavement, especially when they're brand new. However, I'm applying lessons learned from the first one I wore out. The mistake I made was taking a trip to Vegas from Sacramento in the middle of the hot season. Spending hours and hours riding in a straight line on the pavement is almost unavoidable and the tire got a bad "flat top" right in the middle of the tread. That tire was always going to be scary in the corners.

With my current Teraflex, I've been riding it very agressively in the corners when on the pavement in an effort to even out the wear and this is working quite well. Either I've gotten accustomed to the tire or it's actually gripping better in the corners. I suspect that it's some of both. I'm certainly not dragging footpegs on the black top but I am cornering just as hard as I would be with a 908 and am perfectly comfortable with it.