View Single Post
Old 11-24-2012, 12:58 PM   #4
Coastalcop
Adventurer

Oddometer: 51
Get a Big Bend map, has lots of dirt trails in the park, Steer clear of Black Gap road, my info is a couple years old but it was 18 inches of pea gravel when I was there and had a stair step at the Gap to give you shudders, it may have changed but it wasnt novice country then, Old maverick road is a nice clear dirt road that is a joy to break you in for big bend easy riding and lots of fun (info two months old)

You can ride PARTS of the Terlingua ranch roads, but most are classified as private property and owners only.

Im planning on going next week on my Super T before winter really sets in,

Lots of inmates around here ride the area. the General store is neat, save some time to have a beer on the porch and chat with the locals, and the Starlight Theather has great grub and varied entertainment

Warning though , you will get hooked, thankfully land is super cheap if you feel like you need a few acres on the ranch for access to over 1200 miles of privated unpaved road and splendid views!

Never confuse getting lucky with good tactics.... unless you are at the bar

Coastalcop screwed with this post 11-24-2012 at 01:03 PM
Coastalcop is offline   Reply With Quote