View Single Post
Old 11-24-2012, 08:49 PM   #8
Capt.saveaho
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 297
Quote:
Originally Posted by sama3033 View Post
Konflict my friend - I bought the spring for the stretch from you and have the rebound shim provided by Superplush (not sure how it differs from stock but we'll find out soon). Racetech valve and shims should be here any minute.

I'm right around 200lbs. Riding style is varied, 70% on-road, but I do ride fairly aggressive off road when I can (NJ Pine Barrens which vary between hard-packed gravel and foot deep sand) Sandblast a while back (DEEP ruts, more sand, a lot of lying on my back, insane fun!)

Grateful for any input

SM
I don't know about the 990 rear shock but I know on mx bikes there is a peening on the shaft for the valve stack to prevent the nut from coming off, that would require grinding. Good for you taking on this task, once I figure out what needs changing on my forks I am going to do it myself as we'll.

Also when you mean stretch, you mean increasing the travel?

+1 talk to James at superplush, 9X0's are his specialty. He won't hesitate to tell you what you will need, and honestly you may only need a spring or a preload spacer the rear is way better setup then the front.
Capt.saveaho is offline   Reply With Quote