View Single Post
Old 11-24-2012, 08:49 PM   #15
AK Smitty OP
AK Smitty

Oddometer: 314
AZ to Hermosillo to Alamos

Took off from Maricopa and headed to Hermosillo. Have been dragging ass a little due to allergies or cold I picked up in AZ. Stayed a night in Hermosillo to rest and try to kick the cold. Took 2 pictures.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Pirate house

Got some things done, like a new cover at autozone from when mine blew away along with my rain cover for my tank bag. Didn't latch my side case and it blew open down the hwy at 70. Haha Those are the only two casualties I know of right now.

On the road at about 9 off to San Carlos for an early lunch.

Lunch spot- great shrimp omelet. Sorry no pic of the food.

Pretty hot today and not a lot of corners but off to Alamos I go!!

Looking for Aduana on the way to Alamos. Took this dirt road.

The over look at Alamos

You know its touristy when there are cars with fake horses.

Wouldn't be one of my RRs without a plaza night shot!

Off to San Blas in the am. Going to make a stop at Aduana. Cool old church and silver mine.
Very cool and beautiful town. Not cheap by Mex standards but still worth the stop.

Here is the hotel I stayed in on one of the several plazas. Was very cool to walk around and check things out.
When I walked in to the hotel there was a guy just hanging out drinking tequila. He was not anyone that had anything to do with the hotel. Jorge was passed out on a couch in a side room. Hombre numero uno woke him. He had been drinking all day!! They offered me some moonshine tequila from the agave in the valley. Had a little moonshine and agreed pon a price. Decent place and good location. Jorge and his buddy were cool. Love having moonshine with the locals. I really should have gotten a pic of them.

AK Smitty is offline   Reply With Quote