View Single Post
Old 11-24-2012, 09:57 PM   #506
planemanx15 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,007
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRAVELGUY View Post
Sorry you've had problems. Reading you post again and Grifter's I went out to garage and checked my pressures.

After three weeks my front is down about 6 lbs and my rear is down about 2 lbs. The air temp is also down 35 degrees from when I aired them up. Will air up the front tomorrow and do a soapy water test on the front. Saw the photos you posted of your sealing and the only thing I saw different was that I used a stainless wire brush to clean and ruffen each nipple. Leaving for a month in Mexico in January and wanted to run tubeless for quick roadside repairs if needed but don't need to take a tubeless problem with me. If the wheels only lose a pound or so a day I would probably stay tubeless since I carry a small 12v compressor with me.

TravelGuy
Good luck, I hope you have better luck than I did with this. What I'm having trouble with now is trying to find a tube big enough for the 150/70 17 tire on my rear. Can't seem to find it at usual shops. I had to go to my local dealership and told him that I needed a super Moto tube. They had it when I asked for that. I would like to find a heavy duty version.
planemanx15 is offline   Reply With Quote