View Single Post
Old 11-25-2012, 07:04 AM   #56
backwoodsKLR OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 9,223
MS River Loop...

So the plan was to meet Saturday morning at 8AM at Heart & Soul Cafe for a MS River Loop. I just picked up a 2013 Triumph Tiger 800XC and got the 500 mile service done last week, so this would be my first foray into the unpaved world with it. It also happened to be 36 degrees when I left my house. I met up with DavidQ, Kingsize, and Knightwork at H&S. Kingsize had a route to go across the river at Vicksburg to Delta, LA and follow the levee down as much as we could to Vidallia. Then have a lunch stop in Natchez, MS and follow my route from Natchez back to home. At least that was the plan...

After breakfast, we hit I-20 West and headed for the river. It was a bit chilly. Stopped at Delta, LA exit and topped of out tanks. At least the non BMW tanker sized tanks...

We hit the gravel right behind the gas station and started for the levee.
I forgot to get my camera out of my tank bag until we were already moving on the levee.

We ran into a few gates and hat to jump off the levees and back on the border roads from time to time.
DQ checked out this bridge that was on our maps leading back onto the levee but it was gated.

Highways were flat and mostly straight through the delta farm communities

We could see the levees, but had to find the right points to enter and exit to avoid gates

DavidQ on his KTM

Passed a few historical markers, this one for some of the Davis families property.

This is Kingsize on his BMW after checking out an access point that was posted

DQ went to check out the scenery, also..
backwoodsKLR is offline   Reply With Quote