View Single Post
Old 11-25-2012, 08:34 AM   #13
twistedthrottle OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 758
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnorton View Post
My question is which is the better fit on the F659GS - the 45 liter or 38/37 liter?

Also I have two locks on the top case, one for the lid, one that locks the case to the bike.
Honestly, it comes down to need vs looks. As I remember it there are two pipes on that bike. Often times when a bike has one pipe the carrier on that side is not as close to the bike. So what a lot of people do is put a 37 on that side and a 45 on the other side. It give the bike a more symetrical look. You don't have that issue so it comes.down to needs and desired look. If you expect you will need a lot of volume go big. On my bike I have one of each and like the extra.width of the 45 for some larger things I may carry. Usually they are odd shaped items that don't fit into the 37. If.you were going on looks.alone I suggest a pair of 37's. What you should get from my ramblings is find the right balance of needs and looks that works for you.

As for the locks, you will need to buy a complete set for 3 cases and replace the two that are in your current top case to insure a matching set of locks.

Kev