View Single Post
Old 11-25-2012, 07:44 AM   #61
backwoodsKLR OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,874
I finally start riding back the way I came expecting to see them zooming towards me at any corner and when I came around one corner, I saw Kingsize laying in the road and DQ and Knightwork picking up the GSA...

Will this buff out?

I am guessing it got squirly and his front wheel caught a small rut, and the front end swept out. he said he remembers fighting it lock to lock but it went over hard. He flew over the handebars and skidded on his head for a ways. he thinks he was going around 45. His helmet showed lots of gravel rash. The bike rolled probably 3 times and ended up upside down. Parts going everywhere... Kingsize eventually got up and was walking around. Appears to be okay. Bike may be totaled.

So I call my daughter for help who gets my Jeep Wrangler and a neighbor hooks a trailer up to it and she drives the 130 or so miles to come find us. I gave her the address off my GPS, she typed it into the GPS in the dash of the Jeep and it brought her right to us...

So it's 4:45 by the time we get the BMW on the trailer and head for a gas stop. Temps were dropping quickly and we had over an hour ride to get home. One of my heated grips was out (faulty wiring and am waiting on replacement) and was not bundled up as warm as I could have been. It was a long, dark, cold trip home. I lost count of how many deer we saw on the shoulder.

Got Kingsize home and unloaded the BMW for insurance adjuster to come check out. He went to hospital and was given an OK. I bet he is sore today!! What an adventure! Heal up quick, Kingsize!!!
backwoodsKLR is offline   Reply With Quote