View Single Post
Old 11-25-2012, 10:30 AM   #1531
wilso122
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 183
Quote:
Originally Posted by unlawfulsm View Post
Ive had a 690R & loved it but it had its issues. Also had a Honda Superhawk, which I loved. Sold the 690R for a 2004 GSA 1150. The GSA is great, but its not all that exciting & doesnt handle the offroad abuse that I give it. Question is would a SE be able to fit the bill for my needs? I dont have a car. I commute for work. Ride off road, slab, rip through the twisties, backroads & tour on my bikes. I also have an Alaska Trip in the works in the next couple of years, about 12k miles roundtrip. Would the SE fit this roll? I miss the excitement of the 690R & Superhawk but want the tourability of the GSA. Thinking of a 950SE with Safari tank & a raid designs fairing would fit the bill nicely.
In a word Yes The only thing I find hard on the SE is commuting through london its just got too much power and overheats to quickly. Other than that I use mine for everything. To be fair its the best bike I've owned. It sits right between the 690 and gs for being off road ridable, nice and planted and with the right gearing and the raid designs fairing a great tourer. I had 2 bikes, a tourer and 450 exc sold both bought this and never a moment of regret

950superenduro.com For those who own the best bike!
wilso122 is offline   Reply With Quote