View Single Post
Old 11-25-2012, 10:26 AM   #66
WIBO OP
Will it buff out?

Oddometer: 3,541
So....Ken is shoe horned into the LR and off we go bound for Merzouga. Just after the Marabout there's a hard pack dried up lake bed trail (marked with boulders) which takes you to the outskirts of a town (the same one that isn't really there according to GPS)which in turn points you in the direction of Merzouga...no need to go left into the town at this point(as per GPS)...just bear right and head away from the town,past another auberge...There's only two trails out of here about 50m apart and running parallel. As the LR leaves the town they pick up a dude who works as a guide to give him a lift to his home in Taouz(about 30kms south of Merzouga)....that's the way things work out here......every one helps each other...

The going here will be softer sand on top of hard pack.

[IMG][/IMG]

Keep the dunes to your RHS before you arrive at the town...(marked on the Michelin map as a watering hole)

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Continue and the going,for the time being is normal hard pack. Ken needed to stretch out so he makes Caro get on the back of Christophe...and charges her 50 Dhms to use his jacket and helmet.......cheap skate...

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

The going then turns to a stretch of sand/silt

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

I stop to take a couple of pics...

[IMG][/IMG]

.....and we all head for the dunes to regroup just before the feche-feche which is just before a village I call the Twilight Zone,ie Ramlia......(feche-feche is cement dust type going and consists of a stretch of same of approx 2-3kms)

I state that there's a string vest of trails through same and that it's dotted with small tree and shrubs...it's easy to get lost if you drop the moto....but...if you look to your RHS there'll be a mountain that looks like a tagine....or as I like to see it as a small breast shape with a big pointy nipple poking out...funny what a few days in the desert does to one lol..... you ride until you leave the feche-feche and as soon as it comes to a sudden end,and I mean suddenly, it then turns to rock/hard pack....simply hang left..follow the line of the feche-feche and you'll arrive into a village,i.e.,the Twilight Zone....from here you'll see the trail to take you in the direction of Merzouga...

You can see the tagine mountain on the LHS(just above the LH mirror of my moto)...we're heading for that...

[IMG][/IMG]

Me: I don't give a fuck what you think.

WIBO screwed with this post 11-27-2012 at 06:18 AM
WIBO is offline   Reply With Quote