View Single Post
Old 11-25-2012, 12:27 PM   #507
Adv Grifter
on the road o'dreams

Oddometer: 6,128
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRAVELGUY View Post
Sorry you've had problems. Reading you post again and Grifter's I went out to garage and checked my pressures.

After three weeks my front is down about 6 lbs and my rear is down about 2 lbs. The air temp is also down 35 degrees from when I aired them up. Will air up the front tomorrow and do a soapy water test on the front. Saw the photos you posted of your sealing and the only thing I saw different was that I used a stainless wire brush to clean and ruffen each nipple. Leaving for a month in Mexico in January and wanted to run tubeless for quick roadside repairs if needed but don't need to take a tubeless problem with me. If the wheels only lose a pound or so a day I would probably stay tubeless since I carry a small 12v compressor with me.

TravelGuy
Sounds like normal air loss. Temp change can make a big difference. Maybe think about packing a couple tubes as back up? Quality tubes not so common in Latin America but I would go with your tubeless set up ... keep an eye on pressures for the first week. Hope they hold!

!que le via bien!
Adv Grifter is offline   Reply With Quote