View Single Post
Old 11-25-2012, 02:57 PM   #5216
Ed@Ford
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,491
XR400 Leftover parts

Last year I bought a used XR400R frame and swingarm when I learned my '96 XR had a siezed swing arm bolt. Now that I have mine repaired (only used the swing arm) I have leftovers for sale cheap. In fact, if you live in SE Michigan, it'll be even cheaper to save shipping, by picking it up & I don't have to figure out how to box the darn thing. The frame includes a title (Colorado). Extras include the suspension links, the oil hose that goes to the frame front down tube to the engine, and another one going to the top of the frame (I don't remember details at this moment...and I don't feel like going out in the cold to look closer.) Also there is a complete upper and lower triple clamp with stem....bearings aren't real great, but probably could be saved. PM me with offers. Oh....the bottom tube under the engine on one side is flattened some...PO musta smacked something and not had a bash plate. It's certainly OK if you need a budget repair. Also, I quizzed the PO to see if the previous engine had blown up and contaminated the frame oil sump....and he said no. Also, the frame has a thermometer that goes in the dipstick hole. New those were about $50. I'll separate parts if it'll help get rid of these bits.
Ed@Ford is offline   Reply With Quote