View Single Post
Old 11-25-2012, 04:20 PM   #81
machinebuilder
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endurodude View Post
Excellent news; thanks for that! I, too, would probably go for the off road set up. It's great to hear that there's a noticeable improvement on road, too!

Just another quick question - what type of Wilber rear shock have you used? A site I'm looking at has many, many possibilities (unless I'm being thick and reading it wrong!).

Cheers.

I bought it from a local shop here, I had to fill a form out with all the normal stuff (weight, load, riding style etc)
add that I wanted the Remote preload adjuster and the adjustable hi/lo speed compression damping adjustment. I figured I was spending alot of money so I may as well get all the bells and whistles.

The way I understand it to work with the US distributor is they do not keep "stock" units, but assemble them too order. It's kind of nice not having to learn all the details about suspension design to get something that works well.

Don't follow all the instructions in the Haynes manual, they have people stripping all of the plastic and muffler, but not loosening the chain.