View Single Post
Old 11-25-2012, 05:53 PM   #98
jdgretz
Looking for new places

Oddometer: 914
Quote:
The other thing I am trying to get straightened out is my cell data usage. Twice now I have contacted my provider in Canada (Telus) to change plans that would keep me from going deep in pocket to pay for them. Unfortunately I mistook monthly to mean from beginning to end of. And they make you instigate it monthly yourself saying it has to be renewed monthly. Aparrently it ran out on the 27th and I rebooked it on the 30th. Those three day were supposed to have cost me an extra $300+. After a long conversation, they said they are going to 'help me out.' Don't know what that means but I've got to get a handle on this data thing. God! I hate it!
It might be worth your while to get a local phone while you are in the states. Use it primarily or only for data. You might save a bunch of cash. Also, don't forget that Starbucks and McDonald's, among others, almost always have free WiFi available, as do many public libraries.

Great trip, and hopefully when you make it to SoCal we can meet up for a bit of a ride or a meal. If we can get hold of one more Guzzi owner, we'll call it a rally

jdg
'76 Honda CJ360T
jdgretz is offline   Reply With Quote