View Single Post
Old 11-25-2012, 09:48 PM   #31
Mr B
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 481
Not trying to toss a monkey wrench in the works, but here is my perspective.
I have the F800, had it since 09, love the bike, it always puts a smile on my face. I am 51 and have ridden all sorts of off road years ago, but find what I want to be able to ride and what I end up riding are two different terrains. The 800 is good for forest roads and some two tracks, but honestly I would take a 1200GSA anywhere I rode my 800 this past summer!
I am actually going to trade the 800, or sell, and pick up a 1200GSA, then to satisfy my off road imagination, I am going with a Husky TE511. To me you cannot take a 500lb bike safety to place you can a bike half that weight, plus I am getting older and calming down, so to speak...

By the way... all the mods folks talk about, I have done none of them, not say I would not appreciate them, but the bike has never let me down, I in turn, have most likely let the bike down numerous times!!! The F800 will take you most anywhere right out of the crate..

Just my perspective....

Leonardo da Vinci[/FONT]
Mr B is offline   Reply With Quote