View Single Post
Old 11-26-2012, 06:05 AM   #3
jar944
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 562
Quote:
Originally Posted by 81cr450 View Post
I'm sure I'm not the only one on here who's had the thought of a 2-stroke powered ninja 250r.
What I'm wondering is anybody "seen" any links anywhere of completed build's. Fabbing a whole bike would be beyond me, but a conversion I could manage.
I'm thinking it couldnt be much different than building an AF bike. Ideally I like the new CBR 250 r honda with a kx500 motor in it, cause the steel frame would be easier to work with & it's gotta be slimmer with a single cylinder motor which would make everything line up better kicker & sprocket wise.
If I was to use the 2008+ ninja250 I think the banshee motor would be a better pick to fit the twin cylinder frame. I've seen one of the 1st gen 250 ninja's done on youtube but it wasnt very informative & was only a buzz up & down the street
cr500 builds would even interest me , just trying find more info period.
As far as a single cylinder & vibes , it really wouldnt be any worse than in a dirtbike would it?
Thanks for any input
The 500cc 2t singles vibrate.. a lot. The counter shaft dictates engine placement and dirt bikes are considerably narrower then most street bikes. because of that Getting a functioning kick start seems almost impossible due to the frame width.

I've thought about a banshee/RZ powered 250 ninja, I even have a banshee motor sitting in my garage waiting to be swapped into something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tosh Togo View Post
An RZ350 engine would be worth a look. It's about the same size as your EX250 engine is, but makes more power and weighs less. A Banshee engine would work just as well... you'll be making custom pipes anyway.

Pipe fitment on the twin is the issue. keeping it inside the faring would require some effort.
jar944 is offline   Reply With Quote