View Single Post
Old 11-26-2012, 06:34 AM   #69
WIBO OP
Will it buff out?

Oddometer: 3,541
We stop to regroup at the sand dunes just before the feche-feche and to wait on the LR. We find a shaded area under a tree.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

A couple of 4x4's drive past and stop to have a chat....one of them (the white one)was a Santana Land Rover...

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

The LR arrived and Frank tells us that the Naked KTM Dude had had a puncture.Noah rides off to assist as does Phil.

[IMG][/IMG]

After the puncture was repaired and we again regrouped at the tree we noticed Phil was missing.....he'd ridden off in the wrong direction....Ken stated immediately that he wasn't the President anymore and that it had to be Phil even if he turned up 5 mins later. We all of course agreed....

So...as briefed before the trick to getting lost was not to ride any further but to sit still as we'd only ever be a few kms ahead due to waiting on the LR....and we could always retrace the route until found.....
but......Phil carried on riding,almost into Algeria for ages before arriving through the feche-feche at Ramlia where he waits for us drinking tea.......so no pics of him falling off there then...he probably faked the disappearance so as no one take any damning pictures.

So...we head off for the auberge(through the feche-feche) just outside Ramlia some what late on in the day.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

These dudes state they get 50L/100kms in soft going and 25L/100kms on normal roads

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Again the Land Rover in it's natural habitat.....

[IMG][/IMG]

Me: I don't give a fuck what you think.

WIBO screwed with this post 11-29-2012 at 02:48 AM
WIBO is offline   Reply With Quote