View Single Post
Old 11-26-2012, 07:34 AM   #25
MrBob OP
Jambo!

Oddometer: 7,159

This "Loneliest Road" business has me examining the map carefully and wondering what I'll need to do to prepare for it.
I see a lot of Nothing on the map but also several towns on the route that seem big enough to have gas stations. With my better than 250 mile range I should be okay though the distance to the other end of the road is almost 400 miles.
Riding east from Fallon, it's good to feel that western sunshine again. The temps are in the low 50's but the air is calm.

Not far outside of town I encounter this sign:

The labor involved in making these petroglyphs and depressions in the rocks using stone tools must have been considerable. We have no idea what these people were trying to express with their work but it still gives me chills to see it.

The rest of the day looks a lot like this.

Some people would not find a stretch of road like this enjoyable but it looks good to me. Besides the passing scenery, and joy of riding, I welcome the opportunity to think about what I've seen on the trip so far. I also have a bunch of podcasts and music loaded onto the iPhone and good quality ear pods.

MrBob screwed with this post 12-03-2012 at 10:19 PM
MrBob is offline   Reply With Quote