View Single Post
Old 11-26-2012, 10:38 AM   #23
5Chord OP
No Short-Term Memory

Oddometer: 1,037
The place was festive and busy but far from overcrowded. I wished there were more vendors.
Things I would have bought had they been available:
Boots
Gloves
Knee Brace (maybe)

Leatt was there in full force with lots of their products and staff but just a small handful other vendors were represented.

Where were
Fox
Asterix
Thor
O'Neil
Alpinestars
Shift
?
There were no factory rigs, not many food choices and While Ricky Johnson, Jeremy McGrath and Troy Lee were there, not many other moto-celebrities were in attendance. Is this event on it's way out? I don't know about last year but they were far from sold out. There were tons of acres of empty space where vendors could have set up shop and catered to the non-rider fans as well as the racers..

Another thing that struck me as odd were the number of small (under 10yrs) children driving pick-up sized Mules and side-by-sides. It is simply amazing to me that there were no major accidents as many of the kids rode through the pits faster than I ride during the race. I also saw a man who just finished the Coup De Gras 2 hour endurance race riding back to the pits in full gear with an infant under one arm. That will be etched in my mind forever.

Shortly after my race on Saturday, I started to notice Pit Girl was getting traumatized. She was having trouble completing sentences and kept mumbling about being "on the surface of the sun". It was hot and this was day 2 of 3. John's trailer was modest at best and the closest Porta-Potty was a few hundred yards away( and proper bathrooms much further). There was not a cloud in the sky, the temps were in the mid 80s and shade was scarce. By mid-day John set up a pop-up tent but to Pit-Girls horror, he positioned it over the bikes. Pit Girl and Chris' wife Stef were fuming about...well everything as they squeezed themselves into any shade they could find. At least the forcast for Sunday was supposed to be 10 degrees cooler.

We started started packing up around 4 and I headed back to the hotel very happy. ........I completed a Grand Prix at Glen Helen A Day In The Dirt on my birthday and didn't lose

We had a nice quiet birthday dinner at a nearby seafood place and went to sleep early....One more Race Day left!

5Chord screwed with this post 11-28-2012 at 06:01 PM
5Chord is offline   Reply With Quote