View Single Post
Old 11-26-2012, 02:52 PM   #34
GiorgioXT
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,363
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialAgentNancy View Post

After my brief replenishing stop, decided to get out of town. I had a lot of highway to go and the rain clouds were dark, so I started down a street with steel tracks for some kind of streetcar and before I knew it, did a 180 spin, ending up on the ground in the middle of an intersection. It all happened so fast. Then equally fast, a gorgeous, strong man ran to my rescue and picked up the bike while a duo of female cops came to check on me.

Meet Mary. She's the one on my right.

She's a rider herself and insisted that I ride the bike just to the next corner for a cafe to relax and calm my nerves. These ladies patiently sat with me and helped me calm down, even managed to get me to laugh. There wasn't much laughter left in me at this point.
These are the rails for "Translohr" streetcars , that you will find (fortunately) only in Venezia-Mestre, Padova and Clermont-Ferrand in France - these are much more slippery and dangerous respect traditonal ones due for the profile, at a point that in Italy pushbikes are forbidden on the streets where these Streetcars run... municipality were tired to be held responsible for damages (even serious injuries)

Compliments for the excellent RR and pics !
DRZ400 S '03 XT600 '90 XT550 '82 XT500 '81 - giorgioxt@email.it - www.polverosi.org - EchM#645
"se sei incerto tieni APERTO !
GiorgioXT is offline   Reply With Quote