View Single Post
Old 11-26-2012, 04:30 PM   #3
jgarp99 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 239
Saturday, Dragon, Cherohala and more

Woke up Saturday am to a very cold but sunny am. Breakfast consisted of Coffee, Pastries, and Hot Chocolate got us warmed up enough to head out.

Todays ride started with a quick stop for gas and these wonderful things to keep my boy happy.
Hot Hands rule.

We took hwy 360 N out of Tellico Plains then Hit 72 then 129 South to ride The Dragon. Below is a pic of one of the lakes leading to the Dragon

I guess being so cold kept the traffic down this day so got to ride the dragon at a nice steady pace. Stopped and took some pictures at Deal Gap which was closed for season.

Luckily we didnt donate to the Tree of Shame

Happy we didnt donate

We were Getting hungry so we travelled down 129s into Robinsville MC for lunch at Papas Pizza. A nice buffet with awesome cheesy bread.

Asked nicely and the nice ladies working agreed to let me put on the Ga vs Ga Tech Football game on. And after seeing the score and watching Tech throw an interception, get physically handled, and miss an easy Field Goal I started to get very nauseated It truly sucks to be a GA Tech Football Fan. Lol

After lunch heades on 143 towards the Cherohala skyway. The sun was in full shine and the views were Amazing today.

I think this was the Stratton Ridge Overlook at 4420 ft elevation

The rest of day was spent riding and stopping to warm our hands and take pics
Gotta love that hes still not old enough not to hold his dads hand

Respect to the Darth Peach

This is hard for fat people as i almost dislocated my hip .. Lol

After riding back through Tellico Plains and getting bucked a 2nd time at Tellico Outfitters (closed) we picked up a Subway sandwich and headed Back to the campground for hot showers and some chillaxin.

One of the nicest owners

Relaxing with hot cocoa and watching some football.

Lights out again around 830 pm

Tommorrow, heading Home :(
jgarp99 is offline   Reply With Quote