View Single Post
Old 11-26-2012, 07:05 PM   #17
GAS GUY OP
MILE EATER

Oddometer: 2,832
Seat testing

Its pretty much winter here in Michigan, so its time to start performing all the maintenance and mods I want to do so the bike is ready for spring time.

The first thing was the seat.The bike came with the stock and a Rick Mayer.

The Rick Mayer was nice but way too soft for me (I'm 230 lbs) and it locked me in one position, so I sold that.

Next up, I ordered up the Seat Concepts kit to put on the stock pan.It is much better and I could probably live with this but I don't like the fact that it is still sloped forward like the stocker.

The most important thing to me in a seat is that it be flat and firm.I never seen one, but always had a feeling the Corbin flat would be a good seat for me.(Part of this suspicion came from owning a Corbin on a BMW 1100 GS and liking that seat)

The other day another inmate posted a Corbin Flat on the flea market for a good price so I bought it.

I received it today and installed it on the bike and guess what ? PERFECTION !!! For me, anyway.

I am really relieved because I was worried I would not find a proper seat, but from here on out its a Corbin flat for me and maybe I will throw my Alaskan leather sheepskin over it also.
IBA # 23,716
http://gasguysadventures.blogspot.com/

GAS GUY screwed with this post 12-07-2013 at 11:03 AM
GAS GUY is offline   Reply With Quote