View Single Post
Old 11-26-2012, 08:38 PM   #1
Stephenson OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 88
Early Thanksgiving Ride - PHX-FLG-Sedona-PHX

This is our 2nd annual Thanksgiving 3 day trip. Last year we camped near the Verde river and then to Crown King for the night. Awesome trip. This year we planned on more mileage and two nights of camping. Two CRF450x Hondas.
First – tow the bike to AZ from Colorado Springs. After replacing all the bearings on my trailer – one was stuck on the axle, it was needed – all packed up.

Then we worked on seat covers. Ikea fake sheepskin. It made all the difference on the ride. The 450x seat is not exactly comfortable, even with the durelle racing seat I have. I can't say what happens to it in the rain, because it didn't, but it sure was nice dry.

Day 1 – New River, AZ to Perkinsville, AZ

We started on Sunday at sunrise. Rode up to Cordez Junction for breakfast. Nice chance to try out the packing arrangement. Everything worked nicely.
Nice day

We had a slight detour near Cherry. Mapsource and Garmin Earth showed a trail connection to a road near Cherry, AZ. After opening two gates (which had no trespassing signs on them, but not locked) and seeing the paved road on the other side of this guy's house, he walks out with a shotgun and starts yelling about us not being able to read. Unfortunately for us it looks like he now owns the road and we have to re-route to get around it. 1 hour.

Then there was a road closure near Jerome and we had to head down the mountain to Cottonwood, then slab to Jerome.

Packed up some beer from Jerome and headed to Perkinsville.
Finally... Camp. Found a spot in the dark. Steak on the grill

In the middle of the night – my brother-in-law Greg gets sick. His kids, wife and family all had it the week before. He got it.

Stephenson screwed with this post 11-27-2012 at 09:39 AM
Stephenson is offline   Reply With Quote