View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 01:28 AM   #305
K0m4
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 459
Quote:
Originally Posted by advNZer? View Post
If you dont beleive that Casey Stoner is(or has been) one of the very fastest guys on a moto gp bike,bar none,then it is you in denial not us making stuff up
Except that... he's not. Unless you extend those "very fastest guys" to like 10-15 ppl or smth. He's a level beneath the very top - a Gardner, a Criville, or Schwantz. Not a Rossi, Doohan, Agostini, or Rainey. But you keep drinking that kool-aid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogBoy View Post
The Stoner hate is always good for a laugh. If I ever run across Casey Stoner, I'll make sure and tell the multi-time World Champion, mulit-millionaire who is one of the winningest riders in the history of GP, and has a super-hot wife, that some guy on the internet is not impressed.
I think that the praise for him is grounded in needing an alternative to Rossi - praising him got old, even hating him got old, so people looked for an alternative. And found a lesser one, but try to attribute qualities to him that he doesn't have to make up for it. Unfortunately as soon as someone tries to bring the slightest sobriety to the comments about him, there's a whole kool-aid gang waiting in the bushes to jump at it...

But he's off racing cars instead like other have-beens. So he really has little place in a thread about the 2013 MotoGP season.

Introduction/ride report: what's in an adventure?
K0m4 is offline   Reply With Quote