View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 03:30 AM   #44
rodmuzwa
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 172
[QUOTE=outsidein;20125068]I would also consider test riding a Kawasaki Versys 650 too. The Versys has better handling/agility than the WeeStrom 650 on pavement and is more fun to ride fast on pavement, especially if it is twisty. I did a lot of comparison test rides before settling on buying my Versys. The Versys is not perfect however, it needs a bigger aftermarket windshield to ride distances at speed and you need to install aftermarket peg lowering kit to get a similar amount of leg room as the VStrom provides stock. While the parallel twin of the Versys seems to be more responsive and powerful than the similar sized VTwin of the VStrom it does produce slightly more vibration although not enough to be annoying or shake the rear view mirrors.

Either the VStrom or Versys can cruise comfortably at 80mph all day. Most of the motorcycle magazines have preferred the Versys over the VStrom in head to head comparison tests because of the slight edge it has in handling and engine response.

I tried the Versys and although it was fun I preferred the wee. The Versys has a different seating position, slightly more forward on the bike and it didn't feel as comfortable to me. There was also a fair bit of vibration at speed. In saying that it was definitely a little more responsive than the wee and certainly a fun ride. Not for me but I would certainly have a go on one. I'd like to try the Versys 1000!