View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 04:58 AM   #5
jar944
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 556
Quote:
Originally Posted by 81cr450 View Post

Looks like a bit of room for "a" pipe, might could make room for 2 if you put cutouts in fairing kinda like they do to car hoods when a turbo is peeking through.

My question about a big single could have been better phrased maybe. I've been riding 2t 500's for the last 10+ years the vibes dont bother me , would it be worse or amplified in a street bike. I realize you'd need to gear it so it would be in the smooth spots at cruise RPM but...

An RZ350 motor would be good but I think you could get a better powervalve set up with something like the T-rex jugs as well as go bigger. No doubt a twin would be the smoothest, the banshee motors where barely bolted into the frame compared to a dirtbike single

Offset sprockets arent a big deal to shift the motor over to help with a kicker throwing the weight off center much would be a big negative though
The vibrations may or may not be more, it would depend on the mounting and frame rigidity. I wouldn't think it would be much of a change either way. It's the constant speed vibration that would get annoying.

For the banshee, a serval / or cheetah powervalve setup (420 to 485cc) would be plenty of motor. Then swap in a RZ transmission and you have enough gearing for the highway.

Offset sprockets put more load into the counter shaft bearings, I would avoid them.
jar944 is offline   Reply With Quote