View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 06:13 AM   #34
kantuckid
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,367
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jnich77 View Post
You obviously didn't know where to go... lol.
I'm not out for an argument but did have a point to make having had my "disappointments down there".
The FL state parks use "Reserve America" as do many other states & the fed gov for reservations. Seriously, please advise me - "where are these beach spots you speak of" ?
Many serious fisherman do the campground host thing on lakes in FL as it's the only way to have a spot there.Given the rising number of retirees hunting warm locale from rustbelt & Canada, the problem will only get worse. Sure, you can line up in a row in a private FL campground, if thats your fancy. Some locals arrange a "deal" where they rotate a site amongst family/friends to hold it down for the winter.2 weeks is the rule. I know of one guy that has a 40' RV on the same site all winter! I defy you to find a site for the winter unless you start at midnight on the new yrs reservations & even then its a dogfight with the system abusers. Some parks have/save drive-up spots but it's a bit on the stupid side to drive 1,000 miles for a maybe spot.
Please enlighten me...
And no, I didn't make up the part about bumper to bumper traffic out through the keys. Not exactly a bikers paradise.
kantuckid is offline   Reply With Quote